Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Timing the play

After completing our task, and cutting the unnecessary parts of the script, we started to do a rehearsal. We did a timing our script/dialogue for each act, to make sure that the play does not consume much for more than 15 minutes. According the plan, each act of the dialogue should only spend 3 minutes as the maximum, since there are only 5 acts. The part I am doing for the script, which is act 4, is being timed as 2 and a half minute, which meets the requirement. Apparently, the whole dialogue does not meet the 15 minutes timing expectation. Instead the whole dialogue was being recorded the timing as 20 minutes. Since the first play rehearsal did not meet timing's expectation, our group fix the dialogue again, and cut all the unnecessary parts from the dialogue lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment